When it comes to exploring Istanbul, one of the most important factors to consider is the daily average costs. Knowing how much you’re likely to spend on accommodation, food, transportation, and other essentials can help you plan your budget effectively and make the most of your trip. Istanbul, with its rich history, vibrant culture, and stunning landmarks, attracts visitors from all around the world. However, it’s essential to have a clear understanding of the expected expenses to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable experience. In this article, we will delve into the daily average costs in Istanbul, providing you with valuable insights and tips to make your visit to this magnificent city a memorable one.
Daily Cost of Eating and Drinking in Istanbul
When it comes to food and beverage costs in İstanbul, it is necessary to take the prices of markets and restaurants as a basis. However, there are differences in food and beverage costs depending on the products you want to buy and the market and restaurant you prefer. The costs of eating and drinking in İstanbul are more or less indicated:
- If you eat in a cheap restaurant you should spend between 2.68 USD and 8.04 USD.
- If you want to eat in a middling restaurant for 2 people, you should spend between $13.39 and $42.86. In a luxury restaurant, the cost is much higher than these figures.
- In chain burger restaurants, prices usually range between $3.48 and $9.11.
- If you want to drink beer you should budget between 2.14 and 4.82 dollars.
- A small plastic bottle of water costs between 0.16 – 0.64 dollars.
In general, these are the prices when you want to eat out. These prices vary more or less according to the market and the market. If you want to save money on food and drink, you can prefer the neighborhood markets in İstanbul. Food prices in the market are generally as follows:
- 1 liter of milk usually costs between $0.80 and $1.61 in the markets.
- 1 whole loaf of bread costs between 0.27 and 0.91 dollars.
- A 12-pack of eggs costs between 0.96 and 2.25 dollars.
- 1 kilo of chicken fillet costs between $4.29 and $5.36.
- Bottles of wine cost between $4.29 and $12.86.
- 1 kg of cheese costs between $3.21 and $8.57.
- The prices of fruits also vary according to their type.
Accommodation Cost in Istanbul
The cost of accommodation in İstanbul is slightly higher than in other cities. If you plan to stay in a luxury hotel for one night, you will need to budget 123.21 USD. In mid-range hotels, the cost is usually between 26.78 and 53.57 dollars.
Transportation Cost in Istanbul
In İstanbul, you will need to budget between $0.37 and $0.59 if you use public transportation. This is for one-way trips. If you take a taxi, it costs $1.07 and $2.14 per kilometer. Therefore, we can say that public transportation is more affordable.
Cost of a trip in Istanbul
If you are in İstanbul, you may also wonder about the cost of the trip. If you are planning a one-day trip, it depends on the places you want to visit. For example, free museums or public places (beaches, streets, parks, etc.) do not require any payment. However, you need to have a certain budget to take a Bosphorus tour, have coffee on Çamlıca Hill, have dinner on the Galata Bridge, attend concerts, go to the theater or cinema, or participate in activities such as exhibitions.
These prices vary according to the entertainment and cultural events you attend. However, you should allocate an estimated 10.71 – 15 $ for the trip budget. As Bosphorus Cruise, we offer you much more attractive prices. We apply more affordable tariffs than the prices we mentioned, including food and beverage, entertainment and transportation. We offer different affordable prices for Dinner Cruise, Sunset Cruise and Day Cruise. You can also choose our private yacht rental service if you wish. You can browse the homepage to get detailed information about these prices and tour details. You can contact us for information support.